Pool Login

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Guests: 16
Members: 5
Home arrow My Profile
Bob Dylan Message Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:My Chicago shows review (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:My Chicago shows review
stackalee (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:My Chicago shows review 7 Months, 1 Week ago  
No classical music for the Sunday night show. Band started River flow and bob walked out 5 to 10 seconds later. The main guitar riff from 2021 is mostly replaced by bob plinking on the piano. His singing was less shouty than saturday, more on the point. His piano playing was also less adventurous than saturday. In 2021 I preferred the early shows for that reason, but they seemed like a band more than just bob and his band if you know what I mean. False prophet was a highlight on night 2, as was every grain. Bob was flipping through his sheets looking for something with one hand, playing the piano with the other and giving one of the best vocals or this leg. With no song 18, I wonder if he planned something, then decided against it when he couldn't find what he was looking for. The only thing that could have made it better was the harp, which has come back after chicago. Really the only issue was that old black magic. Nice that I got it for the first time, but not a song I would want. Only spirit on the water would have been worse. Funny that he seems to love playing it so much after dropping it in 2017.
Walking out seemed to be the last time I would see him. I thought about catching the 1st Indy show, but didnt. I would have loved to see the mellencamp cover. It is a residency requirement that to live in Indiana, you must like him. Even in northwest indiana. With the touring patterns and the rumors of retiring, I have come to terms with this being it. Would still love another album and tour in 2025 to 2028😁
I would give this show an 8 out of 10. Solid.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
      Topics Author Date
    thread link
My Chicago shows review
stackalee 2023/10/13 22:41
    thread link
thread linkthread link Re:My Chicago shows review
Derek 2023/10/14 01:07
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread link Re:My Chicago shows review
stackalee 2023/10/17 19:59
Go to top Post Reply