Individual Results[ View all ]
Team Results[ View all ]

Overall Scores

Individual Results[ View all ]
Team Results[ View all ]
Home arrow Message Board
Bob Dylan Message Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Negativity on the NEP, and recent Bob performan (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Negativity on the NEP, and recent Bob performan
Charlie_Quintana (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Negativity on the NEP, and recent Bob performances 15 Years ago  
This is something that I do not appreciate and can not tolerate. You may have noticed a thread here about Bob's recent performance of Dignity. If you looked at it, you may also have noticed that a certain notable Dylan backing musician gave this performance a very positive review.

On the other hand, you may have also noticed, throughout the rest of the thread in question, a lot of really reprehensible and upsetting comments were made that were not very flattering of this performance. This kind of rampant negativity is sadly beginning to detract from my otherwise awesome NEP experience. And it is especially awful that these things are being said about such an innovative and excellent performance. I mean, my God, if Bob had done this back on Letterman '84 I would've dropped my drumsticks and slapped my pappy. And then I would've taken my pappy by the shoulders, pulled him up to my face, and shouted, "Can you believe how Bob is getting this band to sound exactly like a merry-go-round!?"

Administrators and moderators, is there any long-term solution you are ready to propose for the eradication of this cancerous negativity? If so, when are you planning on sharing it with the rest of us?

I would like to close with a plea. Fellow NEPers, we need to rally around Bob. When the beautiful and exotic strains of innovative music like the new "Dignity" hits your ears, just sit back, put your hands behind your head, nod, and say, "This is where it's at."

And in the meantime, try to focus on what I like to call "The Four Pillars of the NEP"--

1. Sweet Polls

2. Bob Dylan experts like Clinton Heylin, dankrass, The Wicked Drifter

3. Thrilling live setlist updates, and, last but not least,

4. Swift and harsh punishment for all those who spew cancerous negativity

PS) The Four Pillars of the NEP change occasionally to suit the political climate of the NEP and the number of new vocal techniques Bob happens to be using on tour.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Charlie_Quintana (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Negativity on the NEP, and recent Bob performances 15 Years ago  
You know what? That pappy-slapping part was only a joke. I thought it would be a cute joke, but now that I read it, it's not cute at all. It's just one of those days, you know what I mean?

quanta (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Negativity on the NEP, and recent Bob performan 15 Years ago  
hear hear charlie --

thanks for pointing that out --

dwelling in the serendipitous and providential house of the creative moment is the quintessence of bob's legacy

-- consider me a proud cavalryman in his dragoon

zimmy1 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
your allways going to get the modern bob bashers,theres nothing you can do and i like it that way.If we all loved everything the bobster did then it will be boring.I prefare people to say "im not to keen on that or that doesnt work" .I love the old coot, but theres a lot im not keen on latley.I dont like people who reply to posts with one lines like " rubbish, sounds dreadfull,crap" i 'd prefare them to put a bit more effort into there view.
as far as dignity goes,for me it falls into the catorgory that Handy Dandy fell in to, great song but i dont like the arrangement.That said i hope he sings it when he comes to the Uk.

Ritzy (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Hey Charlie....if we all REALLY hated modern Bob, why the hell would we fork out 100's of hard-earned cash to go see him so often ???
On the other hand, if I don't think his performance is very good (ney, sucks), I'll bloody well say so...it's my prerogative to comment.
And you (being a yank) should understand your "freedom of speech" + all that !!

Ben Clayton (Visitor)
graphgraph
Birthdate:
I dunno about the live stuff, its all a bit blah to my ears, but I've been listening to Together Through Life and I gotta say, he's definitely found his mojo again. Waaaay better than Modern Times.

the milkman (Visitor)
graphgraph
Birthdate:
Re:Negativity on the NEP, and recent Bob performances 15 Years ago  

Charlie_Quintana (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
quanta wrote:
QUOTE:
hear hear charlie --

thanks for pointing that out --

dwelling in the serendipitous and providential house of the creative moment is the quintessence of bob's legacy

-- consider me a proud cavalryman in his dragoon

Thank you, quanta. I was going to talk to you about the dragoon. I can tell that you really "get" Bob. I think you have a lot of potential for the dragoon.

Mick (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
how dare they criticise bob's dignity. it sure was a wonderful performance. ahead of its time.

Ritzy (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Whadya mean "how dare they".......let them critisize what the hell they want !

OK - this is supposed to be a pro-bob website (and for the most part it is), but it doesn't mean people can't give an honest + personal opinion of how he looks/sounds at a particular moment in time.

There's too many of you "bob can do no wrong" a**holes in here to make it a fair and ojective place. If one of you told me to buy some merchandise cos it's AWESOME, I'd back away in a flying minute.
I'd be much more inclined to investigate something recommended by a pooler that doesn't border on the bunny-boiling stalkers you lot are, who know how many times he picked his f*cking nose in the last 26 concerts or who queued for 68 hours so you could get a glimpse of someone who'd once measured up his third-cousin-twice-removed for a pair of f*cking shoes !!

GET A GRIP FOLKS....he IS only human !! (And as a result, he DOES err, and WE have the right to voice our personal opinion !

Last Edit: 2009/04/02 15:40 By Ritzy.
Charlie_Quintana (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Okay. I was just about to clean the litterbox out, but it looks like that's going to have to wait. I can't function properly when I am this upset.

Ritzy--not that it means anything, but the last person I knew named "Ritzy" was selling cigarettes at an interstate rest stop--let me tell you something. I know this is probably hard for you to understand, but I am what you would call a "professional musician." That means I know more about music and performance and the nature of pure musical performance innovation than probably anyone who has ever been named "Ritzy." That is point number one.

Point number two is, you sound like a real snake in the grass. Actually, I don't think I'm using that metaphor properly--I told you that I cannot function when I am upset. What I am trying to say is, you sound like a real wolf in sheep's clothing. You are trying to sound very reasonable about Bob, but the truth of the matter is, people who know more about this than you have already weighed in on the matter! Your negativity will not be tolerated. Please cease and desist.

cath (Visitor)
graphgraph
Birthdate:
Charlie_Quintana wrote:
QUOTE:

let me tell you something. I know this is probably hard for you to understand, but I am what you would call a "professional musician." That means I know more about music and performance and the nature of pure musical performance innovation than probably anyone who has ever been named "Ritzy." That is point number one.

If i dared, i would say 'Point number one of my ass" but i'm much too shy for that

Ritzy (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Who died + made you king of the pool LOl ??

So, you're a musician....whadya play ? the f*cking a**hole ???
I hope it's the drums + I hope we meet at a concert sometime (after I've clocked out from my cigarette-selling job), and I'll ram your drumsticks up ur a** SIDEWAYS

PS : "Like a real snake in the grass" is a simile not a metaphor !!

Last Edit: 2009/04/02 16:01 By Ritzy.
mightyflynn (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Ritzy wrote:
QUOTE:
Who died + made you king of the pool LOl ??

So, you're a musician....whadya play ? the f*cking a**hole ???
I hope it's the drums + I hope we meet at a concert sometime (after I've clocked out from my cigarette-selling job), and I'll ram your drumsticks up ur a** SIDEWAYS :P

PS : "Like a snake in the grass" is a simile not a metaphor !!

give it to him Ritzy!

Charlie_Quintana (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Ritzy wrote:
QUOTE:

PS : "Like a snake in the grass" is a simile not a metaphor !!

Listen, chickie, I told you I can't function properly when I am upset.

I WOULD NOT BE SAYING ALL OF THESE DUMB THINGS IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WERE NOT SO BENT ON UNDERMINING BOB'S SONIC INTEGRITY AND INNOVATIVE MUSICAL INNOVATIONS. YOU ARE UPSETTING ME.

Go to top Post Reply